(INSPIRED BY TEEN WOLF)
Teen-wolf-inspired, Halloween-worthy sugar cookies that'll make you say AH-WOO! (is that what a wolf says?)
- 1 batch sugar cookie cutout recipe
- White royal icing
- Black royal icing
- Black or gray pearl dust
- 1 large circular cookie cutter (you may also use a drinking glass)
- 1 slightly smaller circular cookie cutter (or glass)
- 2 piping bags
- Pastry tip #1
- Pastry tip #2
- Dusting paintbrush
- Wolf silhouette, printed and cut out (be sure the head fits inside of the smaller cookie cutter)
- Icing scribe or toothpick
- Black food marker (fine tip works best)
Roll out your cookie dough to ½ inch thick, then cut out cookies using your large cookie cutter. Bake according to your recipe.
After the cookies have cooled, use your black royal icing and a #2 tip to outline the outside of the cookie.
Flood it, or fill it in, with more icing. If there are any gaps, use your scribe or toothpick to fill it in (use gentle circular motions).
Allow the surface to dry (about 30 minutes).
Use your smaller cookie cutter to make a subtle outline in the center of your piped black icing.
Use your white icing and a #2 tip to trace the outline, then flood it to create a moon. Be careful not to let your scribe/toothpick touch the black icing beneath it.
Allow to dry for at least 3 hours.
Using your pearl dust and the dusting brush, gently dry paint some color on top of the white moon. Be creative with your craters!
Using your food marker, trace your silhouette over the moon. Be sure to trace it all the way to the edge of the moon.
Use your black icing and the #1 tip to trace the outline, then flood it.
Complete all cookies, and allow them to dry fully. And that's it!
If you’re in need of some supplies…
- Circular cookie cutters: http://amzn.to/2hqjUD4
- Piping bags: http://amzn.to/2y0re37
- Pastry tip #1: http://amzn.to/2wI4W5H
- Pastry tip #2: http://amzn.to/2fImuEp
- Black or gray pearl dust: http://amzn.to/2hqxNRN
- Dusting paintbrush: http://amzn.to/2y0cGR5
- Icing scribe or toothpick: http://amzn.to/2wKaGMB
- Black food marker: http://amzn.to/2hpCFXm